Current Most Popular Post

Monday, December 12, 2011

A nib that makes my handwriting look better...

Well, I've finally come to a realization this last month. It's something I didn't really want to accept, but now that I have, I'm actually really enjoying it.

The first few FP's I owned all had medium, or smaller nibs. Mostly F and XF.

Then a few months ago I started buying up large nibs - B, BB, stubs, italics, etc. I loved them. They're so smooth!

But I had one problem - my writing just looks horrible with a large nib. I tried to write bigger, but that just didn't cut it for me.

So, what to do? Well, the inevitable.

I switched back to a fine nib for my Pilot VP last month. Ahhh... A sigh of relief - I can read my own writing! I still enjoy the feel of broad nibs, but I have such a hard time writing with them.

Anyone else ever experienced this? Switched to the dark side of broad, only to turn back again to smaller nibs?

Here's a scan of my writing with a small and broad nib. Both written at the same speed.



Now, my handwriting is just bad, period. But, it's at least a little better with the smaller nibs. At least I think so.

Anyone else agree with me on this? Or am I imagining my handwriting improving with the smaller nibs?

That's all for today folks. :)

Regards,
Tyler Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment