Current Most Popular Post

Monday, March 19, 2012

Ink review - Mont Blanc Irish Green

Time for a review of a Mont Blanc ink. I don't get to review many of these inks, and I honestly don't know the brand that well.

But this ink definitely deserves a good look. It's not my favorite green, but it's definitely an admirable competitor.





Mont Blanc Irish Green gets a solid 89/100 from me.



The good:

  • Very well behaved ink
  • Good color - more blue than yellow
  • Lots of beautiful shading



The bad:

  • A bit too much blue in this green for me personally. Other may love it.
  • Mont Blanc inks are expensive. For me anyway...





The ugly:

  • Couldn't think of anything ugly about this ink.

Details:


Ink review: Mont Blanc Irish Green.

Pen and nib: Monte Verde Invincia Stylus - F nib.

Color: Dusky forest green, with a hint of blue.

Dry time: 3-5 seconds - very good.

Smear when dry: No.

Shading: Good! Plenty of shading.

Lubrication: Moderate.

Bleedthrough: Very slight.

Feathering: A tiny little amount.


NOTE: This photo here show the ink far too yellow. It is not like this. See the swab below for the most accurate coloration.

This here is the most color accurate photo I could get. It was very difficult to get this green to appear blue-tinted like it is in real life.

Conclusion:
So, my final thoughts on this ink:. I like it quite a bit. It performs very well, it shades beautifully, and it's one of the few greens out there that sports a blue-tint as opposed to the more common yellow-tinted-green.

I personally prefer a bit less blue in my greens, but I also don't like too much yellow. This ink doesn't quite hit the mark for me. I certainly don't dislike it, but I've got better alternatives, such as PR Sherwood green, or PR Spearmint.

If you are looking for a green with a slight blue hue, and you want one that is a true performer, this is your ink. I highly recommend it.


That's it for today's review! I hope you enjoyed it. As always, do me a favor and leave a comment to let me know how you liked the review and the ink.

And don't forget to subscribe to the blog if you already haven't. Stay up-to-date, and don't miss out on my future reviews. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment