J. Herbin Rouille d'Ancre is one of the most unique inks I've ever used. It's a color like no other, and I find it extremely intriguing. I'm not sure if it's something I'll buy a full bottle of, but I am definitely glad I got to try a sample of it.
While the color of this ink may not be to everyone's liking, it's good behavioral qualities earn it an 85/100.
- Behaves amazingly well on any paper.
- Very easy to clean out of your pen, like most J. Herbin inks.
- Extremely unique - you won't find any other ink that looks like this one.
- Definitely not suitable for business settings.
- Once again, and I'll say this for every J. Herbin ink I review - the bottle this ink comes in is practically useless. Really not good for filling a fountain pen from, especially if you like big pens like the Pelikan M1000.
Onto the details:
Ink review: J. Herbin Rouille d'Ancre.
Pen and nib: Pilot Vanishing Point - fine nib.
Color: Dusky/strawberry pink
Dry time: 3 Seconds - Very good, but this ink is a little dry flowing, as is my nib.
Smear when dry: No.
Shading: Just a little bit.
Lubrication: None really - very dry ink.
Bleed through: None at all.
Feathering: Not a bit.
This scan is moderately accurate, but the photos below are much better.
Looks a lot like strawberries to me. A very yummy color of ink. :)
No feathering at all.
This is probably not an ink that I want a full bottle of, but I sure am glad I tried a sample! A full bottle just wouldn't get used quite enough to justify a purchase, even though I like this ink a lot.
J. herbin Rouille d'Ancre is unique, beautiful, and extremely well behaved. If you like the color, I highly recommend this ink!
That's it for my review. I hope you enjoyed! Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this ink. It's so unique, I'd really enjoy your opinions on the color, performance, etc.
Don't forget to subscribe to the blog as well. :)
Have a great day everybody!